How to Get Started as A New Patient
Welcome to Mid-State Health Center and thank you for choosing us as your healthcare home. Becoming a patient for any of our services is easy!
Fill out our new patient inquiry form. This provides us with information about your health care needs that will allow our team to schedule you appropriately. We will contact you within 3 to 5 business days of receiving your information.
You can also get started on your new patient paperwork. Access our New Patient Forms here.
Meet our team and view our services! Mid-State has a wide variety of services and we encourage you to utilize as many as you need. Having your healthcare under one roof can save dollars and help provide better care coordination.
We believe in affordable healthcare and access for all. Please look at our financial options to see what may best fit your needs.
Learn about our practice and your rights as a patient.
If you have any questions please reach out to our dedicated New Patient Team by calling 603-536-4000 Ext. 1550.
Values of Being a Patient of Mid-State
Our Promise to You
- We are dedicated to providing high-quality, personalized care.
- You are the most important member of your health care team.
- We will work with your other health care specialists to coordinate your care. Mid-State is your health care HOME—where all your care comes together.
- Patient-Centered Care
It takes coordination and good information to have a winning team. Think of Mid-State as the HOME where your health care comes together. If you see other health care providers outside of Mid-State, it is important to share this information with your Mid-State team. It gives us important information about your overall health and wellness. You can contact us at any time with information about new medications, visits to specialists, or any other health information you have about the health care you receive from others.
Our Commitment to You
Mid-State Health Center is committed to providing a personalized primary care experience. We are dedicated to promoting healthy communities and patient satisfaction. Mid-State offers innovative, high-quality, patient-centered care. This approach engages the patient in their care, encourages them to lead a healthier life, and stretches their health care dollars further.
Mid-State works to achieve our mission, vision, and goals by providing accessible and affordable care for all.
Services to Ensure Your Visit is a Great Experience
Interpretation and Language Services: Mid-State will provide an interpreter for our patients as needed at no cost. Please let our office know ahead of time, so we are able to plan accordingly.
Español (Spanish) Atención: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística.
Français (French) Attention: Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement.
Assistance completing Forms: If you would like assistance in completing your forms, we are happy to help. Simply call us to schedule a time to meet with a member of our team.
Assistance managing the cost: If you are uninsured or concerned about how you will pay for your bill, our Patient Account Representatives will gladly assist. Mid-State offers assistance in enrolling in a variety of coverage options, prompt payment discounts, and sliding fee scale for those who qualify.
Assistance with Transportation to your visit: If you need assistance with transportation, let us know. Sometimes we are able to help coordinate a ride to and from your appointment.
Prescribing Medications at Your First Visit
In order to ensure you have the correct medications for your conditions and health concerns, the following will be considered before ANY prescription is filled for a new patient:
- If you have an active prescription and will be in need of refills, it is imperative you indicate this to our staff when you are contacted to schedule your first visit.
- You MUST be seen for an “Establish Care” Visit, at which, the following will occur:
- Review of existing health conditions, work up, and evaluation previously performed
- Review of current medications
- Physical exam as needed to determine the necessity for the requested medications
- If controlled substances are considered, a review of Mid-State’s policy for prescribing controlled medications and completion of a controlled substance contract is required.
- Any medications prescribed must be deemed appropriate for your current conditions and based on your medical history by your Mid-State provider.
- Your new Mid-State provider is not obliged to prescribe any previously prescribed medications you may be taking. There are often many options for the treatment of chronic conditions and these will be reviewed with you at the visit.
NOTE: Due to Federal regulations, Mid-State’s Providers are NOT able to write prescriptions for cannabis or marijuana in any form and cannot prescribe any controlled substance to someone who uses marijuana.
Health Care Services for the Entire Family
- Wellness and preventative care for all ages
- Women’s Health (gynecological)
- Health care for infants and children
- Chronic disease management
- Skin evaluations
Dental Care (Bristol Office)
- Preventative and restorative services
- Behavioral Health
- Individual and family counseling
- Life transitions and health conditions
- Making behavior changes
Substance Use Disorder Treatment – RISE Recovery
- Outpatient withdrawal management
- Individual outpatient counseling
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Patient Support Services
- Prescription assistance
- Infusion Therapy
- On-site lab
- Health coaching
- On-site pharmacy
- Health Insurance Marketplace assistance
- Digital x-ray (Plymouth)
- Ultrasound services (Plymouth and Bristol)
Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Rehabilitation services
- Aquatic fitness