Become a Patient at Mid-State
- Select your Provider
- Complete a New Patient Packet along with a Dental History Form if you plan to use our Dental Services in Bristol.
- Request a Transfer of your Records to Mid-State
- Schedule an Appointment with your new Provider
- Sign-up for Mid-State’s Patient Portal, simply give us your e-mail address at check-in and we will help you get it set up!
Values of Being a Patient of Mid-State
Our Promise to You
- We are dedicated to providing high quality, personalized care.
- You are the most important member of your health care team.
- We will work with your other health care specialists to coordinate your care. Mid-State is your health care HOME—where all your care comes together.
- Patient-Centered Care
It takes coordination and good information to have a winning team. Think of Mid-State as the HOME where your health care comes together. If you see other health care providers outside of Mid-State, it is important to share this information with your Mid-State team. It gives us important information about your overall health and wellness. You can contact us at any time with information about new medications, visits to specialists or any other health information you have about health care you receive from others.
Our Commitment to You
Mid-State Health Center is committed to providing a personalized primary care experience. We are dedicated to promoting healthy communities and patient satisfaction. Mid-State offers innovative, high-quality, patient-centered care. This approach engages the patient in their care, encourages them to lead a healthier life, and stretches their health care dollars further.
Mid-State works to achieve our mission, vision, and goals by providing accessible and affordable care for all.
Health Care Services for the Entire Family
- Urgent Visits (Same-day or next-day appointments are often available)
- Wellness and Preventive Care for all ages
- Management of Chronic Disease
- Health care for Infants and Children
- Women’s Health (Gynecological)
- Immunizations for all ages
- Skin Evaluations
- Dental Services (Bristol Office)
- Behavioral Health Services and Counseling
- Lab Services
- Social and Support Services
- Marketplace Insurance Application Assistance
What to Bring With You and When To Arrive
- Bring all documents you feel are important to your visit including recent health care services received outside of Mid-State.
- Bring your current medications or a list of current medications with you
- Bring your insurance card
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to allow time for the check-in process.
Prescribing Medications at Your First Visit
In order to ensure you have the correct medications for your conditions and health concerns, the following will be considered before ANY prescription is filled for a new patient:
- If you have an active prescription and will be in need of refills, it is imperative you indicate this to our staff when you are contacted to schedule an “Establish Care” visit.
- You MUST be seen for an “Establish Care” Visit, at which, the following will occur:
- Review of existing health conditions, work up, and evaluation previously performed
- Review of current medications
- Physical exam as needed to determine the necessity for the requested medications
- If controlled substances are considered, a review of Mid-State’s policy for prescribing controlled medications and completion of a controlled substance contract is required.
- Any medications prescribed must be deemed appropriate for your current conditions and based on your medical history by your Mid-State provider.
- Your new Mid-State provider is not obliged to prescribe any previously prescribed medications you may be taking. There are often many options for treatment of chronic conditions and these will be reviewed with you at the visit.
NOTE: Due to Federal regulations, Mid-State’s Providers are NOT able to write prescriptions for cannabis or marijuana in any form and cannot prescribe any controlled substance to someone who uses marijuana.
Services to Ensure Your Visit is a Great Experience
Interpretation and Language Services: Mid-State will provide an interpreter for our patients as needed at no cost. Please let our office know ahead of time, so we are able to plan accordingly.
Español (Spanish) Atención: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística.
Français (French) Attention: Si vous parlez français, des services d’aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement.
Assistance completing Forms: If you would like assistance in completing your forms, we are happy to help. Simply call us to schedule a time to meet with a member of our team.
Assistance managing the cost: If you are uninsured or concerned about how you will pay for your bill, our Patient Account Representatives will gladly assist. Mid-State offers assistance in enrolling in a variety of coverage options, prompt payment discounts, and sliding fee scale for those who qualify.
Assistance with Transportation to your visit: If you need assistance with transportation, let us know. Sometimes we are able to help coordinate a ride to and from your appointment.
Online Access to Your Health Information
Mid-State’s Patient Portal offers secure, online access.
Mid-State patients can securely log onto Mid-State’s Patient Portal and access the following features:
- Request appointments, prescription refills and lab results
- Receive reminders
- Email your health care team
- View your medication list
To sign up for Mid-State’s Patient Portal:
To sign-up for the Patient Portal, simply give us your e-mail address at check-in, and we will help you get it set up!