Mid-State is committed to the treatment of the whole patient, and the health of the mouth is essential to the general overall health of the body. Our dental team offers comprehensive dental services and will assist patients in maintaining a healthy mouth. Dental Services are led by Dr. Kelly Perry, General Dentist, and her team.
How to Become a Dental Patient
New dental patients are welcome!
New dental patients to Mid-State will need to complete a New Patient Packet prior to their first visit. Packets are available on this website, for pick-up in our offices, or by calling us at 603-744-6200 to request a mailed copy.
• If you have dental insurance, please provide all insurance information before your first visit.
• If you are a new patient, the first appointment consists of x-rays and an exam. This appointment takes about an hour, during which the dentist will evaluate your oral health and create a treatment plan for you. A cleaning will not be completed at this visit.
If you have had x-rays taken in the last five years, please complete a Record Release Form (with your previous dentist or using Mid-State’s form) to have those records sent to our office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dental Clinic Standby Schedule for Emergencies
Emergency Appointments are available Monday-Friday on a Standby Schedule.
You may contact our clinic and request to be placed on the Standby Schedule when you have an emergency like a toothache, broken tooth, or tooth infection. We do our best to fit everyone into our regularly scheduled day but spaces are limited and fill up quickly.
To get onto the Standby Schedule, please call as early as possible during regular clinic hours. You will be given a check-in time for the emergency visit but you should expect to wait for a provider to become available as the standby visits are seen around regularly scheduled appointments.
During the standby visit, a limited exam will be completed with any necessary x-rays to diagnose your condition. Any needed treatment will be scheduled and is not guaranteed to be completed the same day.
Where Are Dental Services Located?
At the Bristol Office of Mid-State Health Center on 100 Robie Road (off Route 104 West, just past Hannaford grocery store):
- General and comprehensive dentistry services provided by dentists, hygienists, Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary (EFDA), Dental Externs, and/or dental assistants
At the Plymouth Office of Mid-State Health Center on 101 Boulder Point Drive (off Tenney Mountain Highway, up the hill past Walmart):
- Hygiene services such as screening exams, cleanings, x-rays, and other preventative services provided by a Certified Public Health Dental Hygienist
At select schools within the Newfound Area School District:
- Hygiene services for students K-12 provided by our Certified Public Health Dental Hygienists with signed permission slip available from school administrative office or school nurse
What Dental Services Does Mid-State Offer?
We offer integrated, comprehensive dental services for children and adults.
Here is a list of our most popular services:
- Comprehensive dental exams
- Teeth cleaning and oral hygiene instruction
- Periodontal evaluations (of tissue and structures surrounding the teeth)
- Scaling and root planing
- Flouride treatments
- Infant oral health assessments
- Crowns and bridges
- Complete and partial dentures, adjustments, repairs, and relines
- Tooth extractions
- Nightguards, athletic mouthguards, and sleep appliances
How Much Do Dental Services Cost?
Fees vary by service. Payment is expected at time of service. We accept most major dental insurances, NH Medicaid, and self-pay patients. Additionally, we offer a Sliding Fee Scale for those who qualify. We provide courtesy estimates with our treatment plans, but encourage you to be familiar with your insurance benefits before your visit.
Where Can I Get More Information or Make an Appointment?
Please call our Bristol office at 603-744-6200. In the meantime, make sure to brush and floss your teeth every day for good oral health!