Water exercise and aqua therapy provide heart healthy cardiovascular benefits as well as muscle strengthening with low risk of falls or joint injuries. Mid-State’s 35 foot, 90-degree therapy pool is a great option for anyone in the community to gain some aquatic exercise.
You do not need to know how to swim to have an effective workout in the pool. With stability bars, a hydraulic lift, a bench with massage jets and deep and shallow water for non-weight or weight bearing exercises, this pool has everything you need.
- Exercise benefits for all: COPD, Heart Disease, weight loss, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, knees, hips, shoulders, ankles, backs, fall prevention, stability, balance, mobility, joint replacements & pre/post-surgery, strength and muscle gain, Osteoporosis.
- Until further notice, all group aqua classes and children’s swim lessons have been suspended following the CDC guidelines to limit exposure of COVID-19.
How Do I Get In the Pool?
We are offering Aquatic Therapy sessions and Independent Aquatic sessions.
- Aquatic Therapy is with a licensed Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant through a referral from your PCP or doctor. Scheduling is done directly with the Mid-State office.
- Independent Aquatic Sessions are scheduled and paid for using fitDEGREE, our studio management software.
- Participants sign up for one hour which includes changing and exercise.
- All participants must register for their hour using the fitDEGREE app on their phone or by using their computer.
- New Users must create a fitDEGREE account before being able to ‘register’ on the schedule.
- Masks must be worn while in the building, but not required while in the pool.
Pool equipment is available for use. All equipment must be put away at the end of your session
Single Session: $15 for a single Independent Aquatic Exercise Session.
Package of 8: $96 for a package of 8 Independent Aquatic Sessions ($12 per session). Expires after 90 days.
Package of 12: $120 for a package of 12 Independent Aquatic Sessions ($10 per session). Expires after 90 days.