Job Type: Childcare
Job Discipline: Associate Teacher
Mid-State Health Center’s Children’s Learning Center seeks a 40 hour per week Associate Teacher.
Mission Statement: Mid-State Children’s Learning Center is committed to providing early childhood education that fosters natural curiosity, nurtures independence, self-confidence, and inspires a lifelong love of learning. We provide a rich environment that guides the development of the whole child while also supporting the families of our community.
- Assist co-teacher in planning and implementing weekly, monthly, and yearly classroom curriculum and activities.
- Strong ability to work effectively and support members of the team.
- Supervise children in care, ensuring safety and respect.
- Clean the classroom daily, following the Center and NH state guidelines.
- Tone keep in the classroom daily, through modeling appropriate behavior and redirection, when necessary.
- Maintain at least 18 hours of professional development, seeking out opportunities when necessary.
- Follow all applicable regulations and procedures regarding health and safety of children.
- Maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Prepare, schedule, and conduct parent-teacher conferences, when necessary.
- Establish frequent communication with families through informal discussion and/or daily notes.
- Encourage and support active family involvement in the classroom activities, when appropriate.
- Attend all open house, curriculum night and other special events.
EXPERIENCE: (As required by the NH State Child Care Licensing Bureau)
- Have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma, be at least 18 years of age, have a minimum of 1,000 hours experience working with children in a licensed childcare program; and meet one of the following pre-service training/education options:
- A minimum of 18 credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education or other field of study focused on children from a regionally accredited college or university, including at least 3 credits in child growth and development;
- Documentation of a non-expired child development associates (CDA) in center-based programs awarded by the council for professional recognition;
- A credential from a teacher preparation program accredited by MACTE.
- Documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified for and employed in the position of lead teacher on or before the effective date of the state rules in 2017.
Job Type: Full-time, benefited position
Salary: $13.03 to $15.54 /hour
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Alison Murphy, Children’s Learning Center Director
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 1
Plymouth, NH 03264
Mid-State Health Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Benefits: Health insurance, dental insurance, retirement with company match, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and more!