Mid-State Health Center is committed to the health of our community, including helping to get as many people vaccinated as possible.
Mid-State Health Center in Plymouth offers COVID-19 Vaccination (Moderna) for those age 18 and older. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at 603-536-4000.
Third Dose of COVID-19 Vaccines Recommended for Moderately to Severely Immunocormpised People
According to the CDC, people who have moderately to severely compromised immune systems should receive an additional dose of mRNA COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer). The third dose should be administered at least 28 days after the second dose. A third dose is recommended for people who are immunocompromised and are at a higher risk of having a serious illness from COVID-19.
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should call their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
How do I get my third dose?
Please call our office to schedule a vaccine appointment at 603-536-4000.
Please have your COVID-19 vaccination card handy so that you can confirm the date of your second dose and whether you received the Pfizer vaccine or the Moderna vaccine (the third dose will be the same vaccine).
The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are also widely available at local pharmacies.
VACCINE INSTRUCTIONS AT MID-STATE
When you arrive at your appointment:
• Enter our parking lot and drive around the loop. COVID-19 Vaccine is located in the front of the building on the left side of our main entrance.
• Park in an available spot in front of one of the orange cones and stay in your car.
• Our staff will meet you at your car to administer your COVID-19 Vaccine.