Mid-State Health Center is looking for a van operator to join our team!
ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION: The mission of Mid-State Health Center is to provide sound primary care to the community, accessible to all regardless of their ability to pay.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Van Operator provides transportation of patients to and from appointments and their private residences in a safe, secure, and professional manner.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Facilities Director
- Transports patients utilizing company van in a safe and professional manner.
- Adheres to the Mid-State Health Center Transportation Procedure Manual.
- Communicates with van schedulers regarding schedule progress and instructions.
- Maintains professional image to patients, co-workers, and the community as a representative of Mid-State Health Center.
- Completes daily vehicle pre and post trip inspections and maintains vehicle cleanliness.
- Assists patients as needed to safely complete transfer.
- A clean driving record.
- Other duties as assigned.
The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience in transportation services preferred.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS: Valid New Hampshire Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of transportation procedures.
- Ability to accurately complete activity logs and vehicle inspection reports.
- Ability to understand and operate GPS devices and cell phone.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance schedules.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work may require hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping, bending, mobility to complete errands or deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds, stepping up and down steps, safely securing patients for transport, and occasionally assists in the transport of patients with wheelchairs on paved and unpaved surfaces. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and can be interruptive.
If interested in becoming part of our team please forward a cover letter and resume to:
BP Facilities Manager
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 1
Plymouth, NH 03264
Mid-State Health Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $19.67 per hour