Mid-State Health Center is looking for a motivated and mission-driven Certified Public Health Dental Hygienist to join our team! In addition to the oral health services we provide at the health center location in Bristol, NH, MSHC provides oral health services to the Newfound Area School District, Grafton County Nursing Home and at our primary care location in Plymouth, NH. This innovative approach to care delivery allows us to reduce barriers to care and increase access for high risk patients.
Candidates for this position must be willing to travel to all sites. The position requires heavy lifting of portable dental equipment from the health center to off-site locations and back. The CPHDH must be comfortable working in a variety of unconventional settings. The CPHDH must be able to work independently, troubleshoot equipment problems, adapt to location challenges and compassionately treat complex populations.
Part-time. Available days would be Wednesday-Friday. 10 hour work day, hours are approximately 7:30-5:30.
Dental Hygienists are responsible for providing preventative care and education for dental patients. Dental hygiene services shall be provided under the supervision of a licensed dentist. Dental Hygienist duties include additional administrative responsibilities to ensure ideal functioning of the dental practice. These duties may include front office support, equipment maintenance patient education and patient care coordination.
1. Prepare treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
2. Prepare patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming, soothing, seating, and draping patient.
3. Provide information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
4. Maintain instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
5. Select materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by evaluating patients’ oral health.
6. Detect disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing radiographic studies.
7. Record periodontal probe readings yearly.
8. Chart existing restorative and periodontal conditions.
9. Arrest dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents.
10. Place interim therapeutic restorations.
11. Assist dentist in making a periodontal diagnosis and perform indicated periodontal services according to the clinical periodontal protocol.
12. Present patient with periodontal informed consent form as indicated by protocols.
13. Monitor patients’ periodontal progress through appropriate periodontal recall interval.
14. Help dentist manage dental and medical emergencies.
15. Educate patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control instructions and postoperative instructions; providing reminders of time of next dental hygiene visit.
16. Document dental hygiene services by recording medical and dental histories; charting in patient records and completing clinical notes.
17. Provide hygiene services with portable dental equipment at schools, primary care locations, nursing homes, senior centers etc, as directed by the Dental Director.
18. Maintain contact with community partners to facilitate outreach programs.
19. Maintain schedule and records for outreach programs.
20. Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
21. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
22. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
23. Maintain dental hygiene supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
24. Maintain portable equipment, completing any necessary cleaning or maintenance procedures in a timely fashion. Keep records of maintenance.
25. Coordinate referrals generated by the hygiene department and outreach program, sending and obtaining letters, referral forms, radiographs and health records as needed.
26. Support the front desk staff in completing and explaining treatment plans.
27. Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
28. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
29. Take on the role as clinic OSHA Compliance Officer, Radiation Safety Officer and any other adjunct regulatory officer that needs to have regular contact with team members.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
If interested, send cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Kelly Perry
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 1
Plymouth, NH 03264
It is the policy of Mid-State Health Center not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status