GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Quality Data Steward will help Mid-State Health Center achieve quality improvement goals. The Quality Data Steward will act as a trustee of data, has an intimate knowledge of business process and data use and is ultimately responsible for the outcome of data used for the quality improvement program.
The Quality Data Steward supports the development and implementation of quality improvement measures through the electronic health record (EHR) system with the use of quality data analysis system (i2i/ crystal reports). Position will help facilitate quality improvement projects through data management activities that will aid in the quality improvement changes.
Assumes responsibility for the oversight and management of the data collecting system and maintain data collection and reporting for clinical departments and committees, as well as overseeing the management and production of data reporting to external regulatory agencies.
Provides measurement and analytic support to all levels within the organization and leadership.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Assistant Finance Director
- Understand healthcare operations and systems.
- Evaluate and preprocess raw information from disparate sources.
- Delve into data to discover discrepancies, patterns, and trends.
- Responsible for quality reporting in accordance with guidelines set forth by payers, government agencies, and other agencies/organizations by contract or agreement.
- Coordinate the development, maintenance, and utilization of statistical reports to be used by the Quality Improvement Committee.
- Maintains knowledge of healthcare trends and issues relating to: population health, care management, care coordination, health promotion/ education, patient engagement, and the patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model of primary care.
- Oversee and coordinate the provider incentive program to maximize financial reimbursement(s) allowed by contract or agreement.
- Ensure the validity of information pulled from eMDs by working with the Assistant Finance Director and the Medical Director on appropriate coding.
- Engages with staff in the organizational culture of quality and in program development and problem solving.
- Assists with special projects, such as grant applications, ACO analytics reporting,
- Maintains positive interdepartmental working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate degree in health education, computer sciences, nursing or related field. Will consider related work history.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years quality improvement, nursing, or health science. Experience in continuous quality improvement is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Proven experience in healthcare data interpretation, analysis, and visualization methods.
- Business and management principles.
- Quality improvement models and their implementation(s).
- Coordinate multiple activities.
- Performing highly complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge and work.
Salary: $24.20 to $26.43 /hour
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Bennett, Assistant Finance Director
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 1
Plymouth, NH 03264
Mid-State Health Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Job Type: Full-time