The Health Navigator is responsible for assisting clients and their families to navigate and access community services, other resources, and adopt healthy behaviors. The Health Navigator’s activity will primarily serve to promote, maintain, and improve health outcomes of clients and their families. This position is a benefited Fixed Term Position.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant Finance Director
- Navigates patients to internal and external resources to address the health needs of the patient.
- Responsible for establishing trusting relationships with patients and their families/caregivers while providing general support and encouragement.
- Provide ongoing follow-up, education, and goal setting with clients/families as needed.
- Screening patient/families/caregivers in an effort to assist care team in identifying barriers to care and working with patients to connect them with other community resources as applicable.
- Provide consistent communication that will allow other health center personnel to evaluate patient status, ensuring that patient information provides patient progress toward improving health outcomes.
- Works closely with health center care team including the Community Health Worker and other personnel to ensure patient receives comprehensive and coordinated care.
- Provide referrals for services to community agencies as appropriate.
- Assist clients in transportation arrangements and provide appointment reminders under special circumstances.
- Coordinates and attends outreach events to connect community members in need of health care to services they need.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information and adheres to policies/safety practices as established by Mid-State Health Center.
- Maintains records and reports to track data relevant to planning, management, and evaluation of navigation as directed.
- Participates in continuing education activities as required including diversity education.
- Will become a Certified Application Counselor with 90 days of employment to assist patients with enrollment in Healthcare Marketplace Insurance options and Medicaid.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Certified/Registered Medical Assistant preferred
- Certified Application Counselor – Health Insurance Marketplace
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurance Coverage
Mid-State offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Amanda Bennett, Assistant Finance Director
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive, Suite 1
Plymouth, NH 03264
Mid-State Health Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, disability, or sex.