Recovery Support Specialist
Job Type: Sustance Use Disorder Treatment - Recovery Team
Job Discipline: Behavioral Health
Mid-State Health Center seeks a Recovery Support Specialist to provide care for individuals seeking or in active recovery from a substance use disorder. The Recovery Support Specialist performs a variety of recovery support related functions to support those in recovery and the Mid-State Health Center RISE Recovery Team such as conducting assessments, leading group sessions, and providing recovery support services to those in need. This position requires a valid driver’s license, some evening hours, and travel between health center sites as well as within the region as needed.
As a Recovery Support Specialist, you will:
- Assist individuals in establishing necessary connections with available supports in the community that will facilitate the initiation and on-going engagement in the recovery process.
- Assist individuals in developing and solidifying long-term recovery supports and providing services before, during, and following an individual’s engagement in the treatment continuum.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to direct their own recovery plan and supports, build self-worth, wellness, empowerment, and self-advocacy.
- Conduct recovery support group meetings in the community to support attendees in the Bristol and Plymouth area.
- Provide outreach and education in the community about the availability of treatment and recovery services available at Mid-State’s RISE Recovery Program.
- Attend treatment team meetings.
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding the individual’s progress, goals, challenges, and utilization of skills and support.
- Attend continuing education requirements necessary to maintain NH Certification as a Recovery Support Worker.
EDUCATION: Associate or Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human services major required.
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year of prior experience working in a Behavioral Health, Psychiatric, or Substance Misuse Services setting and at least 1 year of Substance Use Disorder Treatment experience.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS: NH Certified Recovery Support Worker (CRSW) preferred; willingness to attain NH Certification as a Recovery Support Worker within the first 18 months of employment required.
If interested in becoming part of our team please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Stephan Burdette, IOP Director
Mid-State Health Center
101 Boulder Point Drive
Plymouth, NH 03264
Mid-State Health Center complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of color, race, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.67 – $21.50 per hour